velodrome track race - kissena queens new york

Monday, August 06, 2007

Mucha Carrera!

Entered and finished three races this weekend. Prospect park on Saturday morning. Didn't push too hard - finished top 15. The HED Jet60 wheel Mike gave me makes a difference. Less effort. It's a wind cheater!
On Sunday I drove out to Doylestown for the Zaveta circuit race. I was registered for two races back-to-back. This is a technical course... mostly due to a big field and the yellow line rule. There was a break that stayed away for 4 laps after the first preem, but nothing stuck so we all finished together. I did not use the HED wheel.
The first circuit race was with the 4/5 field first. I got boxed in for the sprintinished in 12th place. Immediately after that I raced with the 3/4 field (28 miles) and didn't have legs for the sprint. Finished with the pack. Having run out of water during the second race, Gary gave me a sip of his.
Oh, and I had a spill on the brooklyn bridge on Thursday last week with scrapes on my arms and right leg but it's no big deal.

No comments: