velodrome track race - kissena queens new york

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Power : 2 or 3 lightbulbs worth



Depending on whether we're talking about 75 or 100 watt bulbs my spindly legs could power more than two of them... for an hour. It seems like such a waste of energy... but I'm still pleased to be producing more power than in 2007.

It looks like the sprint is the area most improved. I got the powermeter in August 2007, so the 2007 numbers are probably less than perfect, but I wouldn't say they're irrelevant.



Signed up for my first cyclocross race of 2008 coming up this Saturday. Haven't been riding much so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-should post on how you came up with your numbers for the lay person

40x14 said...

I agree with you.

I wrote about it once before in this post.

I got the chart from an article by Andrew Coggan who writes for Training Peaks.