velodrome track race - kissena queens new york

Monday, March 24, 2008

2008 Goals

The new season is starting so it's time to think about goals for 2008. I was a little under-ambitious with my 2007 goals and that's fine. It felt good to meet every goal. Goals are set in the spirit of this being a hobby not a career.

Here are ideas for 2008,

1. Do the river road hillclimb in under 5 and a 1/2 minutes.
2. Top 3 in a cat 3/4 race at Floyd Bennet Field
3. Get out to the track at least 6 times
4. Get out to Trexlertown at least once and compete
5. Top 5 in a master's 35+ road race
6. Win a field sprint
7. Do a timetrial
8. Upgrade to category 3 on the road and/or "A" on the track
9. Ride through the cyclocross season

I think I need to choose 3 or 4 of these goals.

Edited on 7/23/08 -> I think I will have a better season overall if I stop obsessing about getting a result at Floyd Bennett Field.

No comments: