velodrome track race - kissena queens new york

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

disappointed by flash

Yesterday I found this great flash component. It's called slideshowpro and it's a flash mx 2004 component. It's got a really beautiful and sleek interface for slideshows, and i thought to myself, this would be great to try and work into aaaseller.com.

I bought the component, then discovered that it won't work with flash mx (flash 6). It needs flash mx 2004 (i.e., flash 7). Unfortunately flash 7 doesn't have great market pentration yet. See Macromedia's Flash Player penetration chart. 83% of users as of 3/30/2005! That's terrible, when 17/100 of all viewers can't see your flash programming.

So I am stuck waiting. I can't imagine how unhappy the end users (sellers) at aaaseller.com would be if 17/100 of ebay user's couldn't see their slideshow pictures. Oh well.